What is Domino?
Domino is our resident top dog here at Lowell Instruments. She loves to run, sleep and eat. But Domino Software is Lowell Instrument's new Python based, open source software for use with our data loggers and current meters. Similar in functionality to MAT Logger Commander, Domino is used for configuration and control of meters, as well as for conversion of binary data to useful formats. Going forward, we intend to add to Domino's capabilities and eventually discontinue MAT Logger Commander.
System Requirements Windows
- Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (32 or 64 bit)
- Any Intel or AMD x86 processor, Dual Core 2.0+ GHz recommended
- 1 GB RAM minimum (2+ GB recommended)
- 1 GB disk space for the application, additional space for files
- 1024 x 720 monitor minimum
Domino is currently available for "Beta" testing. What this means is that we have eliminated most of the bugs and are looking for user feedback as we develop the user guide and start recommending the software for everyone. If you feel slightly adventurous, feel free to download a copy and give it a try. All we ask is that you send us feedback on what works, what doesn't and how you like it!
Source code for Domino is available under the GPLv3 License on GitHub.
Create Setup File
- Specify a deployment description
- Choose recording frequency from 64Hz to 1 sample per hour
- Program start and stop times
- Start and Stop recording
- Check sensor values
- Check and set clock
- Convert binary data files to text files
- Select from several output types
- Batch convert multiple files to improve workflow and save time
Domino Installation Instructions
Note: If you are using Windows 8 you must use "Advanced Startup" to load the USB drivers. Windows 10 users may skip the driver installation as it is built-in to Windows 10.
- Download Domino
- Double-click Domino_Installer_X.X.X.exe
- Bypass Windows warnings.
- Follow the installation instructions.
- 0.6.1, 8/16/2019 Corrects a bug where an invalid setup file could be produced when temperature logging is disabled.
- 0.6.0, 7/29/2019 Adds 10 MB option when splitting files during conversion. Closes data files after conversion. Disabled buttons for all situations when a logger is not connected. Adds code signing certificate to Domino.exe and the Domino installer.
- 0.5.9.0, 7/27/2019 Blocks saving of a MAT.cfg file that will result in a buffer overflow in the loggers. Makes several settings "sticky" when closing/reopening the software.
Makes setup file parameters "sticky" when closing/reopening the software
Makes the setup file save path "sticky" when saving a file
- 0.5.8.0, 7/18/2019 Fixes a bug that caused a crash on installations where the "Convert Files ..Options..." dialog hadn't been opened and saved. Fixes a bug that caused high CPU usage and sluggish performance.
- 0.5.7, 7/17/2019 Limits the major interval size to 32000 bytes when creating a MAT.cfg file. Fixes several bugs that caused the software to crash when converting files with header errors. Displays a notification after conversion if one or more files fail to convert
- 0.5.6, 5/13/2019 Corrects the heading output to 0-360 degrees (instead of +/-180 degrees). Corrects and issue where the status screen indicated the logger was connected when it was not. Several changes to make it more obvious when a logger is connected (or not).
- 0.5.5, 4/25/2019 Fixes a problem with temperature compensation of the magnetometer and now estimates the file size correctly in the setup screen.
- 0.5.4, 03/22/2019 Fixes display problems when using Windows scaling, displays file size when generating a setup file and minor bug fixes.
- 0.5.3, Not released.
- 0.5.2, 03/08/2019 Reconfigured USB COM Port behaviour prevent ports from being blocked.
- 0.5.1, 02/14/2019 Updated to fix intermittent crash when logger unplugged.
- 0.5.0, 02/07/2019 Initial Beta Release