Sales and Marketing Coordinator
Lowell Instruments LLC (LI), a small technology company in Falmouth Massachusetts, is growing and evolving and seeks a sales and marketing coordinator. The company has experienced strong demand for its low-cost water current meters and Internet of Things (IoT) fishing gear and is expanding in several areas. This position would be the company’s first dedicated hire in sales and marketing and it is expected that the position will evolve over time as the company grows. The position will report directly to the President.
The sales and marketing coordinator will need to develop a detailed understanding of LI’s products and communicate with customers regarding how LI’s products can meet their needs. The sales and marketing coordinator will develop plans for identifying new customers and implementing those plans. They will have primary responsibility for marketing campaigns, trade shows, developing sales forecasts, customer outreach, managing the sales funnel and order entry. The position will be supported by the web manager, graphics designer and contractors as required. Some travel will be required to visit with customers and attend trade shows (10-15 days per year).
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Working knowledge of sales and marketing techniques
- Positive and energetic self-starter
- Clear communicator
- Graceful under pressure
- Attentive to detail
- Learn LI’s product portfolio in detail and understand typical customer applications
- Develop a marketing plan for new and existing products
- Support existing customers with new quotes, product suggestions and application advice
- Enter orders and coordinate with production to meet customer’s timelines
- Conduct research to identify new customers through networking, trade shows, advertising, etc.
- Maintain consistency of marketing materials to help define LI’s brand
- Represent LI at conferences and meetings to promote the company’s products
- Analyze and control expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements
- Review and analyze sales performance to determine the effectiveness of marketing programs
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a physical science
- 2-4 years of professional experience in a relevant role working with internal or external customers
- Experience managing marketing projects independently and working closely with senior staff
- Experience with CRM
- A person with substantially higher qualifications would be welcome and experience in a scientific/technical field would be particularly beneficial.
Three-quarters to full time with somewhat flexible work schedule including the possibility of working remotely. A minimum of half of the weekly hours will be worked at Lowell Instruments' East Falmouth location between the hours of 9-3, M-F. The remainder to be worked at the employee's preferred location. Schedule can be non-traditional but must be predictable and deliberate.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. LI does not offer any benefits at this time beyond what is required by law.
Please send a cover letter and resume directly to Nick Lowell at email@example.com